Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Lighting Strikes

Mouth open, eyes giant --- yep got my younger brother.  He had no idea, I mean none, really sometimes that kid only sees everything he does or video games when some things are right in front of his face.  I knew he was a superhero and I kind of, well almost kind of, felt bad for him because I remember when I first realized I had super powers and it was a little lonely.  But holy crap, my Mom would definitely have a problem with my use of the word crap, I could not have left more clues for him and still nothing.  Maybe I should have made a YouTube video and stuck a clip in there - in a Minecraft world or maybe as one of the Plants in PVZ.

I was in 2nd grade too when I first noticed that I could hear these weird types of alarms - ones that seemed to explode in my head but somehow no one in my family seemed to hear them except for me.  Cole, that's my younger brother, was not around then - his screams when he was first born could explode everyone's ears when he cried but that was not a superpower that was just a cranky baby- but when I was in 2nd grade there was no one in my house except for me.  Well, my parents of course, but I mean I was it.  The -- make that THE child.  It was all about me .. and it was nice.  Not that I do not love Cole and I do like having him around - most of the time, ok most most of the time except for those times when he is annoying - but boy was it nice to have my Mom basically pay attention only to me, all the toys needed no sharing and that last cookie never had to be split in half ... ahh those were the days.  

So here I was and I knew the kid was coming, my Mom's belly was big like a basketball, word of advice don't tell her that she seems a little concerned with that image like most Moms seem to, whatever.  So here I was trying to get used to sleeping in my big boy bed - my little boy bed seemed a lot less big and a lot more comfy but they got me some cool stuff and sheets so here I was in my room and these alarms - WAHHHA HWAHHH BOOOOM - I looked out my window and just as I did a big, blasting, blinding blue lightning bolt hit right outside of my window -- CRRRRAAACKKK!  I was pushed back from my window, I could barely see but I looked down and I was no longer wearing my Batman footsie pjs, with the really cool cape, but instead a blue bodysuit.  I touched it - felt like nothing I had ever touched before  - it felt .. well it felt.. crackly, electric but not in a bad way.  Not like the time I may have accidentally touched a metal to the plug that my Dad specifically told me not to touch - that was painful and so was his yelling.  No this was crackly and suddenly I saw my window open, I leaned over and I was at the end of my block.   Huh?????? How did I get there -- I looked up and thought about the Baskin Robins store and before I blinked I was in front of it.   I was fast ... lightning fast.  I looked through the glass door and right before me I saw a man - with a gun - robbing the store. 

That's just WROOONNNGG - you do not rob stores but especially ice cream stores, little kids give up their money there.   I was going to get going to look for an adult when it hit me 1) My Mom is going to flip, superhero or whatever I was now, I was out of bed and alone a few streets away from home 2) I was a superhero.  I lifted my hand to the door, psst come closer..little closer I was scared, so scared my hand shook but that's between us,  and my hand lifted blue little lines of electricity came out of my fingers.  The door shook and suddenly the robber looked over .. right .. at ... me.  He kind of smirked, I mean wouldn't you if you were holding a gun (guns are just so wrong unless you are the police) and you see a kid in what looked like Blue pjs - he actually kind of laughed.  Well that made me mad .. madder than being scared.  I lifted my hand - the door flew open and I pointed my fingers right at him.  The gun fell out of his hand - he fell to the ground.  The workers had called the cops somehow, later I found they had this "silent" alarm which I guess I could hear all those times other places either pushed them or people were in trouble, and they were driving up. 

"What the f*&??" said the cop - I cannot really tell you what he said - trust me it was bad.   I looked and suddenly pictured my house and there I was on the floor of my bedroom.  I closed my eyes - I was torn between trying to go back out again and falling asleep.  I fell asleep - this hero business was exhausting and after all I was only in 2nd grade then.  I woke up in my bed, Batman pjs on and cape fell off and was somewhere in my covers.  I thought it was a dream but it wasn't because it happened again.  I have some other powers - which I cannot wait to share with Cole.  

"Hey Cole..COlllllee" -- seriously I understand why my Mom sometimes get mad having to say things twice -- "Coming.." heard him running up the stairs.  He was so psyched I was going to tell him my story and wait until he found out about the other superhero kids in our town... this was about to get interesting.

Come back and you will be amazed by the superpowers that are in this town ... and it's all only in the kids or is it???






No comments:

Post a Comment